Toshiba Enhances Satellite X205-SLI Gaming Notebooks with New Intel 45nm Processors for Greater Performance
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) February 5, 2008
The Intel 45nm technology produces a processor that generates less heat and provides a faster, more powerful CPU for greater performance in terms of games and productivity applications.
In addition to the latest processors from Intel, the Satellite X205-SLI notebook features NVIDIA’s SLI graphics with dual NVIDIA GeForce(R) 8600M GT graphics(1) processing units (GPUs). NVIDIA SLI technology enables two or more graphics cards to work in tandem to boost the overall rendering prowess of the system. NVIDIA’s SLI technology enables gaming rigs to deliver unparalleled, lifelike visual effects, as well as lightning-fast and fluid frame rates at high-definition resolutions.
To provide gamers with optimum storage, the Satellite X205 series incorporates dual hard drives totaling a massive 320GB(2) providing ample storage for games and other digital media, such as photos, movies or MP3s. Also, the Satellite X205-SLI4 hard drives spin at a blazing-fast 7200 RPM ensuring that gamers can get right into the thick of action of their favorite games and movies.
Toshiba’s Satellite X205-SLI notebooks also include a next-generation HD DVD drive to provide users with an amazing HD viewing experience either at 720p on the built-in high-definition 17-inch diagonal widescreen display or through the built-in HDMI port at 1080i on an external high definition TV.
The convergence of high-definition with the widespread appeal of the DVD format has lead to the creation of the new HD DVD format. While today’s DVD format has a maximum playback resolution of 480p, HD DVDs offer an image resolution that is up to six times sharper. Next-generation HD DVDs produce an image that boasts more vibrant color saturation, enhanced details and greater overall image sharpness.
For a limited time, with the purchase of an HD DVD enabled Toshiba Satellite X205 notebook, consumers will qualify to receive five HD DVD titles for free, from a selection of 15 popular titles, via a mail-in offer. Complete offer details are available at http://www.toshibadirect.com/hddvdpc, and the promotion is valid until February 28, 2008.
The Satellite X205-SLI notebook series is available at http://www.toshibadirect.com and a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide with a starting price of $ 1,999.99(3).
The following configurations demonstrate some of the various specifications and price options available within the Satellite X205 series:
Complete product specifications for all the Satellite X205-SLI models are available at http://www.toshibadirect.com.
All new Toshiba notebooks are RoHS-compatible(8), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. Toshiba also offers a computer trade-in and recycling program to reduce environmental impact and promote efficient utilization of resources. All Toshiba computers qualify for free recycling, while non-Toshiba computers and other consumer electronic products can be recycled for a small fee. For more information please visit: http://www.reuse.toshiba.com.
1. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
2. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 1000 x 1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
3. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means “Estimated Single Unit Price.”
4. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
5. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
6. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
7. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at http://www.warranty.toshiba.com.
8. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at http://www.info.toshiba.com.
(C) 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.