Commerce Color provides custom environmental graphics for upscale shopping destination in St. Louis, Missouri

Commerce Color provides custom environmental graphics for upscale shopping destination in St. Louis, Missouri

St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) January 15, 2009

The Meadows at Lake St. Louis is a unique, open air shopping destination with charming streetscapes, a central plaza, lake and a wide array of distinctive lifestyle retailers and restaurants. When Chicago-based developer Davis Street Land Company needed vinyl window graphics for the upscale shopping village in time for the Grand Opening, they called on Commerce Color.

Commerce Color was engaged to create a program of custom window and vinyl signage for spaces that were not yet leased at the time of the opening. According to Bridget Geiss, Marketing Director at The Meadows at Lake St. Louis: “We needed to cover the windows and doors of the unoccupied spaces, and at the same time, convey the brands of The Meadows at Lake St. Louis, the existing stores and the coming stores. The development has 260,000 square feet of retail space. We were 70 percent leased at the time of the Grand Opening, so it was a large project, with Commerce Color providing window graphics and vinyl banners for the remaining 30 percent.”

The project was put out to bid and Commerce Color, who partnered with a local design agency and installer, submitted a proposal for the entire scope of work. In addition to the window graphics, Commerce Color also did the Grand Opening light pole banners, some strategically placed hard signage, vinyl banners and wallscapes.

Commerce Color provided mock-ups in advance, so that the program could be reviewed by various people at Davis Land Company. There were several rounds of design revisions and a number of different substrates were considered. The project also had a tight schedule: although The Meadows had been in development since 2006, all of the tenants moved in at the same time and the contractors were still finishing up work on some of the buildings as the Grand Opening neared. All of the signage had to be installed while construction was still under way.

Notes David Freeburg, General Manager of The Meadows, “It was quite a custom job. There were around 450 windows and doors. Each had to be measured individually because each of the window graphics had to fit perfectly into the window or door frame. Also, the project presented a unique problem: No pressure-sensitive material could be affixed directly to the windows or doors because it would void the manufacturer’s warranty. Commerce Color devised a system whereby the branded graphics were printed on a rigid material, and then clear spacers were used to keep them from coming in contact with the glass. Finally, spring-loaded rods were mounted between the window and door frames to hold them into position. It was an inventive solution and worked beautifully.”

Located in St. Louis, Missouri, Commerce Color is a large and grand format digital printing company specializing in light pole banners, wallscapes and building wraps, custom wallpaper, event signage and a wide assortment of custom vinyl banners. Commerce Color helps companies communicate their message in a big way. We use the best available materials and up-to-the-minute technologies and provide unparalleled service to our customers nationwide, making us a leader in the industry.



Vocus©Copyright 1997-

, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.

Leave a Reply